Friday, November 6, 2009

Keep Them in Your Prayers

Please keep the family and friends of Neil Gunn in your prayers. This is what they need right now.


Sgt Neil Thomas Gunn Sr 1959-2009

And may God bless the folks in the Police Department and the City Hall that they may find healing to bring the City of Burbank together at this time of sorrow.


The Burbank Police Department


The Guardians Statue Facing City Hall


The Flag on the Burbank City Hall at Half Mast


The Guardians of the City

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever."
Psalm 23

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."
Hebrews 4:16

SPECIAL REQUEST FOR THE GUNN FAMILY

source

Lyrics
By yon bonnie banks and by yon bonnie braes
Where the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond
Where me and my true love will ne-er meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomond.

Chorus:
O you’ll tak’ the high road and I’ll tak’ the low road
And I’ll be in Scotland afore ye
But me and my true love will ne-er meet again
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomond.

‘Twas there that we parted in yon shady glen
On the steep, steep sides o’ Ben Lomond
Where deep in purple hue, the highland hills we view
And the moon comin’ out in the gloamin’.

Chorus

The wee birdies sing and the wild flowers spring
And in sunshine the waters are sleeping
But the broken heart, it kens nae second spring again
Tho’ the waeful may cease frae their greeting. (alternate: Tho' the world knows not how we are grieving)

Chorus


Loch Lomond

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Over the years my opinions have changed but this will never change: Jesus Christ, Lord, God and Savior, died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay for my sin.