Saturday, May 16, 2009

Robert Welborn Newman 1949-2009

June 7, 2009 UPDATE
Received this email today:
Just a reminder that we will have a memorial service for Robert on June 20, at Moore's landing on the Napa River. There is a restaurant there which Robert particularly enjoyed. We are purposefully not organizing a ride before or after, however I encourage everyone to come on their bikes. If you want to come as a group from your area, that's great. I will send the particulars soon as they are figured out, but I think this will take place late morning, and undoubtedly we will inundate the restaurant.
Would you please return email me with an rsvp? I'd like to forewarn the folks at Moore's landing as best as I can.
Thanks
Randall Wilson
Email


May 17, 2009 UPDATE
Robert died of heart failure in his sleep. A memorial service will be June 20 at Moore's landing by the Napa river - details to follow.
Contact: Randall Wilson

ORIGINAL POST
2007 photo of Robert


Today, I was shocked to receive the following email:

Subject: Our dear friend Robert Newman
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2009, 10:53 AM

As friends of Robert, we have all been shocked by the news of his recent death. Thanks to Randall Wilson for being such a good friend and for organizing the effort to put Robert's remaining affairs in order, as well as being the person to contact with any questions.

We are sending this sad notice out to everyone in Robert's email address book, with the intention of notifying everyone who may know, or have done business with Robert. We are all going to miss him very much.

Again, please send your questions to Randall [the "To:" address above].

We'll all be sending blessings out to Robert.


I then found this notice in the Sonoma Index Tribune:

Robert Welborn Newman, 59, of Sonoma, died April 8, 2009, in Sonoma. Arrangements under the Duggan's Mission Chapel. Final disposition: Mission Cremation Service.

http://www.sonomanews.com/articles/2009/05/15/news/obituaries/doc4a08d5d1ca71c297049659.txt


I first met Robert at a friend's party in 2007 (photo above) and over time I would occassionally see him at the Barking Dog Coffee Cafe in Boyes Hot Springs.

Then this March, I received the following email regarding my
Sonoma Chemtrails blog:

From: Robert Newman
Subject: old aquaintance
To: cathyjpalmer@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, March 19, 2009, 7:26 AM

Hello Cathy, this is Robert Newman you may remember from Stephan Wells' musician's party a few years ago.

I saw your blog and thought we should have coffee soon. I still go to the Barking Dog in Boyes Hot Springs occaisionally.

Take care. Robert Newman


We made arrangements to meet and stayed in touch via email. We met again March 28 at the Sunflower cafe and while walking around the plaza, we passed my bicycle and Robert noticed my tire was flat! He offered to repair it which he did and the following Saturday, we took a bicycle ride from the plaza to Bartholomew Park Winery (photos of scenery).

That was Saturday, April 4th. Four days later Robert Newman died.

I didn't know Robert well but I found him to be a very caring, gentle, and compassionate person. And as a Christian, I spoke to him about the Lord Jesus Christ because my life was transformed many years ago by the message of the Cross and Resurrection
.

In one email Robert sent me, he talked about some things I don't believe in so I emailed him the following:


April 2, 2009

Thanks Robert.

Please don't take offense, but I can not believe some of what these folks are saying on this forum. For example, sylphs (mythical creatures) that help remove chemtrails?

There is a lot of 'stuff' (information, experiences, wonders, etc) out there, however, are they from God or are they from Satan? Satan does appear as an angel of light but is a liar and the father of lies.

I am extra careful as I don't want to be deceived. I love the truth; Jesus said he was the Truth. My faith in Christ is strong and I trust His Word, the Bible. If it wasn't for the Lord Jesus, who knows where I'd be today! Did you already see my story?

Anyway Robert, I enjoy your friendship and am very thankful you are repairing my bike.

until next time...
Cathy


After our bike ride, the last day I saw Robert, he emailed this:

Subject: deeper view of the church of evil
To: "Cathy Palmer"
Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 9:10 AM

Why does the vatican behave so strangely?

http://www.illuminati-news.com/2007/0318a.htm



My reply to Robert:

April 4, 2009

Souls. The battle is for souls indeed. Thus the reason we share the gospel of the kingdom of God to those with ears to hear.

Paul writes to Timothy:

"Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles."
2 Timothy 1: 8-11

The Lord Jesus Christ says in Matthew 12, "He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad."

We must make our decision to follow/obey Christ BEFORE death because reincarnation does not exist but is a lie of the devil:

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation."
Hebrews 9:27, 28

May the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Cathy



I mailed Robert a check for my bike repair and sent this last email to him before he died which included a link to the scriptures on the name of Jesus because he agreed there was power in that name:

Subject: By the way...
Date: Sunday, April 5, 2009 10:16 PM
From: "Cathy Palmer"
To: "Robert Newman"

I road my bike again today - beautiful weather, wasn't it?! And I noticed that it doesn't squeek at all!! It is so quiet that I have to ring my bell more often to warn people on the bike path that I'm coming, whereas before, they usually heard me coming - hahaaha!

Thanks again, Robert.

Cathy
PS The check's in the mail.

PPS Here are several verses about the name of Jesus: http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=name+jesus&searchtype=all&version1=9&spanbegin=1&spanend=73


May the Lord bring comfort and hope to the family friends of Robert Newman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Over the years my opinions have changed but this will never change: Jesus Christ, Lord, God and Savior, died on the cross and rose from the dead to pay for my sin.